Bar Coding and Labeling
Safecor Health’s flexible bar coding helps hospitals increase patient safety initiatives and are available in multiple formats, including linear and 2D Datamatrix. Safecor Health bar code formats and content are designed to work with all pharmacy systems, including custom bar codes for EPIC, Cerner, Meditech and more.
Safecor Health’s drug labels follow FDA and ISMP guidelines and are standardized to include:
- Generic drug name (TALLman lettering)
- Brand drug name (if applicable)
- Alcohol % (liquids)
- Lot #
- Expiration date
- Bar code
- “Repackaged by Safecor Health,” as required by the FDA
- “Hazardous,” if on the NIOSH list
- “Refrigerated,” if original manufacturer’s bottle states it requires refrigeration
- “Rx” or “Rx Only,” if medication requires a prescription
Contact a Safecor Health representative to discuss additional preference options.